Tomorrow 5/31 - Belgian Wit - Brentwood

Please post your brewing schedule here. Post in the subject line who, when and type (ie. All Grain, Partial or Extract). Post in the body the brewday information including directions and what you will be brewing.

Moderator: rsc3da

Tomorrow 5/31 - Belgian Wit - Brentwood

Postby turkeyjerky214 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:04 pm

Life's gotten in the way the past week, so I'm just now getting around to brewing my second beer for Heritage Fest. Going grain to glass in 15 days. Not entirely sure what time I'll mash in, but it'll most likely be around 9 or 10. Probably go until 2 or 3. All grain, batch sparge. I'm all out of rice hulls, so even with a protein rest, I'm anticipating running into a stuck sparge. Should be fun.

If you even just work near Brentwood and want to stop by for a beer over lunch, you're more than welcome. PM for address.
-Brian

On Tap: Sour Belgian Brown, Amber Ale, Milk Stout, English Dark Mild, American Brown, Vienna Lager

Fermenting: Roggenbier, Pumpkin Ale
Kegged: Dunkelweizen, Hefeweizen, Barleywine
Lagering: Märzen, Doppelbock, Düsseldorf Alt
turkeyjerky214

Re: Tomorrow 5/31 - Belgian Wit - Brentwood

Postby tlael » Wed May 30, 2012 8:30 pm

I've got a shit ton of rice hulls if you want to swing by my office near the airport before you get started... I'll gladly give ya enough to get you through the batch.
txt me if you're interested.
-Tim Lael

Primary:
Air
Kegged:
Classic American Pils
Dusseldorf Alt
Belgian Dark Strongarm
Donkere Geneeskunde
In The Barrel:
Donkere Geneeskunde
On Deck:
Belgian Blond
tlael

Postby Sláinte » Wed May 30, 2012 11:44 pm

I have half of a one pound bag of rice hulls left, if that's enough. I live nearby (Rock Hill) and could drop them off. I will PM for address, too. Normally I could come for the session, but tomorrow is my daughter's birthday, so I'm not sure how free I am, and when. Should be able to make part of the brew (or at least that beer for lunch ;-) ), though...

Sláinte
"I have a total irreverence for anything connected with society except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer."
Brendan Behan
Sláinte

Postby turkeyjerky214 » Thu May 31, 2012 8:37 am

Thanks for the offer, Tim. I think I'm just going to look at this as an experiment and see if a short protein rest will be enough to keep it from sticking.
-Brian

On Tap: Sour Belgian Brown, Amber Ale, Milk Stout, English Dark Mild, American Brown, Vienna Lager

Fermenting: Roggenbier, Pumpkin Ale
Kegged: Dunkelweizen, Hefeweizen, Barleywine
Lagering: Märzen, Doppelbock, Düsseldorf Alt
turkeyjerky214

Postby tlael » Thu May 31, 2012 9:27 am

turkeyjerky214 wrote:Thanks for the offer, Tim. I think I'm just going to look at this as an experiment and see if a short protein rest will be enough to keep it from sticking.

lol...Oh, Oh, Oh... I know the answer :lol:
-Tim Lael

Primary:
Air
Kegged:
Classic American Pils
Dusseldorf Alt
Belgian Dark Strongarm
Donkere Geneeskunde
In The Barrel:
Donkere Geneeskunde
On Deck: