When were we established?

Off-topic discussions, non-beer related posts, etc.

Moderator: rsc3da

When were we established?

Postby mackepet » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:29 am

Does anyone know what year STLBrews was established? I thought this came up awhile back but I could not find it.

Thanks.
mackepet

Re: When were we established?

Postby Mike C-Z » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:53 am

If I remember correctly, the topic came up on the forums when we discussed how many HHHC competitions we have had.
Teaching that does not promote learning makes as much sense as brewing that does not promote drinking.
Mike C-Z

Postby beermikester » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:22 pm

This discussion came up last year, when Jack pointed out that last year's was the 22nd annual, as opposed to the 21st as advertised on the site at the time. I correctly listed this year's as the 23rd annual. Here is the link to the thread and the original post from Jack.

Link:
http://stlbrews.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4224

The December 2012 newsletter says in a couple of places that this year's competition is the twenty-first. For the record, an HHHC competition was held 14 Dec 1991. I'm pretty sure this was the first. In any case, this year's competition is at least the twenty-second.

Not too important, but there it is.

On Tap: Northern Brown Ale, Imperial Oktoberfest, Saison, Kolsch
Fermenting: Saison, IPA
beermikester
Site Admin

Postby seymour » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:43 pm

I don't know if this relates, but according to the bylaws on the Member section:

The Club was incorporated as a General Not for Profit Corporation in the State of Missouri on June 13, 1994.
seymour

Postby jackb » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:18 pm

According to this the club started in 1986:
http://www.stlbrews.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3002

The thread mentions that there is a multi-part history of the early days of the club starting in the Feb 2006 newsletter. The newsletters are available in the members-only pages.
Jack Baty
jackb

Location: Saint Louis City, a block or so west of the Botanical Garden

Postby Bob Brews » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:46 am

I have a folder or two of early newsletters and other documents given to me by Bob Bubenick. It is fun to see a newsletter printed on a dot matrix printer (and it had a different name nearly every month).
I used these newsletters (along with articles from some of my early Zymurgys) to create the not so official / semi tongue in cheek history of the club a few years back.
If anyone needs these documents for official business or to scan in and make part of the public record for all of the club to enjoy, please contact me and I will try to rack my brain and remember where in the heck I stored them.
Bob Beckmann
Bob Brews

Postby jackb » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:11 pm

There used to be a binder with club newsletters dating back to the start of the club. It was handed off from Secretary to Secretary. Does anybody know where it is now? I gave it to Nicole Martin in January 2001. Subsequent Secretaries were Sean Sweeney, Dan Stauder (major), Jim Yeager, Dan Gunther, Tim Fahrner (I think), Ted O'Neill, Tim Cochran.
Jack Baty
jackb

Location: Saint Louis City, a block or so west of the Botanical Garden

Postby TCochran » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:38 am

jackb wrote:There used to be a binder with club newsletters dating back to the start of the club. It was handed off from Secretary to Secretary. Does anybody know where it is now? I gave it to Nicole Martin in January 2001. Subsequent Secretaries were Sean Sweeney, Dan Stauder (major), Jim Yeager, Dan Gunther, Tim Fahrner (I think), Ted O'Neill, Tim Cochran.

I have never seen a binder. I always refer to the Members Only section for newsletters.
TCochran

Postby mackepet » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:57 pm

How do i get to the Members Only section?
mackepet

Postby TCochran » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:21 pm

mackepet wrote:How do i get to the Members Only section?

PM sent
TCochran

Return to ...and Everything Else