Advice on ramping up to all grain

General brewing equipment discussion

Moderator: rsc3da

Advice on ramping up to all grain

Postby GoldenBrett » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:34 am

Yo,

I've brewed about 15 extract beers and my wife has had enough of me mucking up the kitchen! I am looking to upgrade some aspects of my brewing and get into all grain.

I was wondering if anyone had the time to explain/describe the things i need to get going on this. for example: burner(s), sparge setup, false bottom (make my own or purchase one), what types of fittings or tubing will i need, pump(s) etc.. I would like to get some Igloo beverage coolers to use as my hlt and mash tun, that seems to be the most cost effective way to go. Also looking to have the freedom to make some high gravity 5 gallon batches so i assume i will need to get the 10 gallon size for the mash tun, or is a chest cooler better?

Help!
GoldenBrett

Re: Advice on ramping up to all grain

Postby beermikester » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:26 pm

Going in to all that on this forum could get pretty lengthy.

Our club has a thing called a friendship brew, where people are broken into teams of three or four to brew together. Our team is brewing at my house on Saturday. You are welcome to stop by, see an all-grain system in action, and ask as many questions as you'd like.

I like in Kirkwood, not far from West County Mall. Email me at beermikester at yahoo dot com if you're interested in stopping by, and I'll give you the address.

Mike Walters

On Tap: Northern Brown Ale, Imperial Oktoberfest, Saison, Kolsch
Fermenting: Saison, IPA
beermikester
Site Admin

Return to Equipment Discussion