Microfest VIP tent

Local, regional, national & international beer and brewing news. Please check here for important announcements.

Moderator: rsc3da

Microfest VIP tent

Postby bacchus » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:56 pm

STLBrews Member ,
The Microfest VIP tent will have homebrew in the tent in 2012. Please volunteer to pour, volunteer with your partner and make a day of it. Receive a regular admission ticket to another session for compensation.
6 members chosen by the club donate 1x 5gal keg [2x kegs per session], [4kegs have been donated so far]They will be compensated with a regular admission ticket [upgradeble for a fee to VIP]. If they come pour their beer in the VIP tent during a session they will be able to enjoy all the beers and the food [Iron Barley's] while serving and get another regular admission ticket. Yes!!! we are allowed to sample beer while serving, it was instituted last year and went well. Please remember this is truely a charitable event all monies go to Lift for Life.
You must go to the Lift for Life web site and register as a volunteer.
This will be discussed @ the April meeting
Thanks,
Kevin T
2012 Microfest Comittee
Last edited by bacchus on Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and waving a cross [Menken] ***************My country is earth my religion is science [Huygens]
bacchus

Postby BeerGuy » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:27 pm

Did anyone volunteer for this at the February meeting? I'd like to get in on if there is still room.
Give a man a beer, and he wastes an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he wastes a lifetime.
BeerGuy

VIP

Postby bacchus » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:43 am

Sean,
I missed the meeting because I was at a Microfest comittee meeting.
Mike Walters has the information. Mike and I did a small discussion about who we could get to donate not sure how they will be chosen
Kevin
When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and waving a cross [Menken] ***************My country is earth my religion is science [Huygens]
bacchus

Postby Kally » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:11 am

I'll help pour if I'm in town. I won't be able to brew for it.
Pursuing beer as a verb.
Kally

Postby astx813 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:18 pm

I'm in to help serve as well.
Secretariat
Jew #1 of Two Jews Brews
astx813

Postby beermikester » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:55 pm

We've had four people offer to donate a keg so far. If we get more than six volunteers, we will draw names out of a hat.

We've had seven people and one maybe sign up to pour. Since there are three taps and two sessions, I'm assuming we will have six brewing spots. We will draw names.

If anyone else is interested in brewing or pouring, please let me know via either PM or this thread.

Thanks,

Mike

On Tap: Northern Brown Ale, Imperial Oktoberfest, Saison, Kolsch
Fermenting: Saison, IPA
beermikester
Site Admin

Postby StLBeer » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:12 am

Mike,

I always make extra when I brew. I'd like to volunteer some beer.

Paul Murphy
Serving - Dark Medicine, JD Bigfoot Barleywine Clone, JD RIS (jealous?), American Wheat Ale, Nut Brown Ale, & Blondes...
Carbonating -
Primary - Big Ape AIPA
On Deck -
In the hole -
StLBeer

Postby mbuckdc » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:50 am

If you are still looking to fill a spot, I would be happy to donate some beer. If all spots are full, no big deal. Let me know...
-Matt
mbuckdc

Re: Microfest VIP tent

Postby bacchus » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:21 am

Brews,
The Microfest VIP tent will have homebrew in the tent in 2012. Please volunteer to pour, volunteer with your partner and make a day of it. Receive a regular admission ticket to another session for compensation.
6 members chosen by the club donate 1x 5gal keg [2x kegs per session], [4kegs have been donated so far]They will be compensated with a regular admission ticket [upgradeble for a fee to VIP]. If they come pour their beer in the VIP tent during a session they will be able to enjoy all the beers and the food [Iron Barley's] while serving and get another regular admission ticket. Yes!!! we are allowed to sample beer while serving, it was instituted last year and went well. Please remember this is truely a charitable event all monies go to Lift for Life.
You must go to the Lift for Life web site and register as a volunteer.
This will be discussed @ the March meeting
Thanks,
Kevin T
bacchus

Postby n_pucci » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:35 am

I can donate 5 gallons....I also contacted lift for life and they have ne down as a volunteer to pour. I will need to work the late session on Saturday.
n_pucci

Postby danno » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:21 pm

I can pour. Looking forward to it.
Danno
danno

Postby beermikester » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:00 am

I went to the Lift for Life page to register to pour as part of the VIP tent. However, it lists Saturday night as the only time I can register for. Should I just go ahead and register for that time slot, and then we will figure out who is working when for the homebrews in the VIP tent?

beermikester
Site Admin

Postby Sláinte » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:10 pm

beermikester wrote:I went to the Lift for Life page to register to pour as part of the VIP tent. However, it lists Saturday night as the only time I can register for. Should I just go ahead and register for that time slot, and then we will figure out who is working when for the homebrews in the VIP tent?

I hope so: That's what I did when I signed up a week or so ago.

Sláinte
"I have a total irreverence for anything connected with society except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer."
Brendan Behan
Sláinte

Postby beermikester » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:49 am

So far, I have the following volunteers. I will keep this updated as posts as I get more information. If you know what shift you'd like to work, please post here or send me email, and I'll update the list.

Beers:
1) Nick Pucci, Matt Buck
2) Ryan Crump
3) Mike Walters
4) David Nitzsche
5) Jim Konert
6) Paul Murphy

Backup:
Rick Haynes

Pour:

Friday May 4, 6:00 to 10:00
1) Brian Schmittgens
2) Phil Carmody
3) Jim Armour
4) Joe Basso
5) Patricia Thomas
6) Daniel Stauder

Saturday May 5, 11:00 to 4:00
1) Mike Walters
2) Rick Haynes
3) Jim Konert
4) Linda Konert
5) David Fondren
6) Al DeBolin

Saturday May 5, 5:00 - 10:00
1) Kevin Ogden
2) Nick Pucci
3) Jacob Voss
4) Matt Buck
5) David Nitzsche
6) Patricia Thomas

beermikester
Site Admin

Postby turkeyjerky214 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:52 pm

I volunteer to pour friday.
-Brian

On Tap: Sour Belgian Brown, Amber Ale, Milk Stout, English Dark Mild, American Brown, Vienna Lager

Fermenting: Roggenbier, Pumpkin Ale
Kegged: Dunkelweizen, Hefeweizen, Barleywine
Lagering: Märzen, Doppelbock, Düsseldorf Alt
turkeyjerky214

Next

Return to Brews News