Finally back up I see

If you have any suggestions, questions, comments, or anything you would like to say to the webmaster, this is the place.

Moderator: rsc3da

Finally back up I see

Postby dpalme » Fri May 25, 2012 5:05 pm

was going through withdrawals for the past two days when I couldn't get into the site :)
User avatar
dpalme
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:56 pm
Location: St. Charles, MO

Re: Finally back up I see

Postby beermikester » Sat May 26, 2012 8:17 am

If you went directly to a page, e.g., http://www.stlbrews.org/index.asp, the page displayed fine and you could navigate the site. But if you just went to http://www.stlbrews.org, an error would be displayed. Sorry that I didn't know that an error was occurring. In the future, if you see something like this, email to webmeister@stlbrews.org and I will look into it right away.

I'm not exactly sure what caused the error in the first place. And I was on the phone with our provider for about a half hour to try to determine how to fix it. In the end, they had to reset some permissions and restart the application pool (the web programmers in the group will know what that means), and that fixed the problem.

MIke

On Tap: Northern Brown Ale, Imperial Oktoberfest, Saison, Kolsch
Fermenting: Saison, IPA
User avatar
beermikester
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1212
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:03 pm
Location: Kirkwood

Re: Finally back up I see

Postby siwelwerd » Sat May 26, 2012 9:40 am

beermikester wrote:In the end, they had to reset some permissions and restart the application pool (the web programmers in the group will know what that means), and that fixed the problem.


"Did you try turning it off and on again?"
User avatar
siwelwerd
 
Posts: 936
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:38 pm
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL

Re: Finally back up I see

Postby jkeeton » Sat May 26, 2012 4:43 pm

siwelwerd wrote:
beermikester wrote:In the end, they had to reset some permissions and restart the application pool (the web programmers in the group will know what that means), and that fixed the problem.


"Did you try turning it off and on again?"


It's Windoze based, so yea, that's that they had to do.. :) :roll:
User avatar
jkeeton
Site Admin
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:49 pm

Re: Finally back up I see

Postby jeffjm » Sat May 26, 2012 9:03 pm

jkeeton wrote:
siwelwerd wrote:
beermikester wrote:In the end, they had to reset some permissions and restart the application pool (the web programmers in the group will know what that means), and that fixed the problem.


"Did you try turning it off and on again?"


It's Windoze based, so yea, that's that they had to do.. :) :roll:


Just another example of the three R's of Windows support: retry, reboot, reinstall.
I set out running but I take my time.
User avatar
jeffjm
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:16 pm
Location: Crestwood


Return to Brews Forum Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron