Finally back up I see

If you have any suggestions, questions, comments, or anything you would like to say to the webmaster, this is the place.

Moderator: rsc3da

Finally back up I see

Postby dpalme » Fri May 25, 2012 5:05 pm

was going through withdrawals for the past two days when I couldn't get into the site :)
dpalme

Re: Finally back up I see

Postby beermikester » Sat May 26, 2012 8:17 am

If you went directly to a page, e.g., http://www.stlbrews.org/index.asp, the page displayed fine and you could navigate the site. But if you just went to http://www.stlbrews.org, an error would be displayed. Sorry that I didn't know that an error was occurring. In the future, if you see something like this, email to webmeister@stlbrews.org and I will look into it right away.

I'm not exactly sure what caused the error in the first place. And I was on the phone with our provider for about a half hour to try to determine how to fix it. In the end, they had to reset some permissions and restart the application pool (the web programmers in the group will know what that means), and that fixed the problem.

MIke

On Tap: Northern Brown Ale, Imperial Oktoberfest, Saison, Kolsch
Fermenting: Saison, IPA
beermikester
Site Admin

Postby siwelwerd » Sat May 26, 2012 9:40 am

beermikester wrote:In the end, they had to reset some permissions and restart the application pool (the web programmers in the group will know what that means), and that fixed the problem.

"Did you try turning it off and on again?"
siwelwerd

Postby jkeeton » Sat May 26, 2012 4:43 pm

siwelwerd wrote:
beermikester wrote:In the end, they had to reset some permissions and restart the application pool (the web programmers in the group will know what that means), and that fixed the problem.

It's Windoze based, so yea, that's that they had to do.. :) :roll:
jkeeton
Site Admin

Postby jeffjm » Sat May 26, 2012 9:03 pm

jkeeton wrote:
siwelwerd wrote:

It's Windoze based, so yea, that's that they had to do.. :) :roll:

Just another example of the three R's of Windows support: retry, reboot, reinstall.
I set out running but I take my time.
jeffjm

Return to Brews Forum Discussion