Postby Konertjm » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:31 am

Enjoy this article on Mongolian culinary exploration. :wink:
http://www.slate.com/id/2200544/entry/2200548/?GT1=38001
In wine there is wisdom,
In Beer there is strength,
In water there is bacteria!
Konertjm

Postby BeerGuy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:48 am

Doesn't even come close to some of the "foods" that Andrew Zimmern eats his way through on his Food Network show Bizzare Foods. Check it out if you can, excellent show.
Give a man a beer, and he wastes an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he wastes a lifetime.
BeerGuy

Postby Konertjm » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:12 am

I can't stomach Andrew Zimmern.
Go back to the article and view the photo's. The eighth photo is of the sheep gut stew. I don't think Zimmern has eaten anything like that. %^0~~~~~~
In wine there is wisdom,
Konertjm

Postby BeerGuy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:26 pm

Oh yea The Zim has eaten something like that, except he eats it RAW!

Good grief, man, that sheep gut stew is child's play compared to some of the stuff Zimmern eats. Try that air "cured" icelandic shark, that has to be made far from any civilized area because it stinks so bad. He compared it to a combination of putrified rotting meat and solid cat urine (ammonia). I also remember that breakfast dish that they eat in Northern Africa. It's a slop of naturally fermented/rotted pork fat and bits of random innards. Zimmern almost had a stroke eating that stuff.
Give a man a beer, and he wastes an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he wastes a lifetime.
BeerGuy

Postby Konertjm » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:27 pm

BeerGuy wrote:Oh yea The Zim has eaten something like that, except he eats it RAW!

Good grief, man, that sheep gut stew is child's play compared to some of the stuff Zimmern eats. Try that air "cured" icelandic shark, that has to be made far from any civilized area because it stinks so bad. He compared it to a combination of putrified rotting meat and solid cat urine (ammonia). I also remember that breakfast dish that they eat in Northern Africa. It's a slop of naturally fermented/rotted pork fat and bits of random innards. Zimmern almost had a stroke eating that stuff.

Cue: sounds of retching and gagging transforming into repetitive dry heaves. :x
In wine there is wisdom,
Konertjm

Return to Humor