Welcome to the St. Louis Brews Homebrew Club!
Microfest Registration is Now Open!!!
Registration for the 2018 Microfest Homebrew Competition, to be held on April 21, is now open. The entry window will close on Friday, April 13, or when the cap of 300 entries
has been reached. Be sure to get your entries registered early!
This year, in addition to having medals for the top three places in each category, and for top three places of Best of Show, we are also happy to announce that the best
German style beer will be chosen for a professional ramp-up at Stubborn German Brewery. Imagine brewing a large batch of your beer on professional equipment, and having
your beer as one of their great beers on tap!
For more information about the competition, please click here.
To visit the registration site directly, please click here.
The meeting time for our monthly meetings has changed to the first Wednesday of every month. We will continue meeting at Modern Brewery.
The St. Louis Brews Homebrew Club is the oldest and largest club in the St. Louis area. Our focus is towards education of beer styles and homebrewing
techniques. At each meeting, we focus on a small number of styles. Members bring beers of that style, and we evaluate and compare them, giving the brewers
plenty of feedback on how to make their beers even better. We also try to have a tech topic at each meeting where we discuss brewing equipment and procedures.
We meet on the first Wednesday of each month at Modern Brewery, located at 5231 Manchester Ave, Suite E, St. Louis, MO 63110. Directions can be found
The meetings begin at 7:00pm and usually
finish around 10:00. We do allow visitors to join our meetings for a couple of times before we ask them to join.
Benefits of Membership
So what does joining the Brews get you? Well, in addition to all of the fun and comradery of our monthly meetings, you get:
- Monthly Newsletter - Features club news, calendar of events, beer style discussion, and a tech topic.
- Spring and Fall Picnic - We have club picnics in the spring and fall for our members. The club provides the main course and members bring side dishes.
- Friendship Brews - We randomly match up brewers to brew together on a defined style. The groups compete their beers against each other at the picnics.
Holiday Banquet - Our HHHC banquet and annual homebrew competition. The club provides a nice main course (usually prime rib and other meats), and
members bring side dishes. Competition awards are given out at the banquet, and the kids even get a visit from Santa!
- Jockey Box Usage - The club owns four jockey boxes, and members are free to use them whenever they choose.
- Discounts - A number of area breweries, bars, and homebrew supply stores generously afford our members discounts.
Please visit our Supporters page for a list.
Our next meeting is on Wednesday, April 4, 7:00 pm at Modern Brewery. This month's styles will be Dark Brittish Beer, American Porter and Stout, and Historical Beer.
The links at the bottom of the page contain more information about individual styles. You can also get the schedule for the rest of the year.
Other Upcoming Events
Below are just some of the events upcoming in the next few months. Please visit our Calendar page for much more information.
- March 10 - Ales for Tails
- March 26-April 13 - Microfest Registration
- April 15 - Microfest Sorting
- April 21 - Microfest Judging
- May 4,5 - Microfest
Brews Monthly Styles---HTML---PDF
Checkout our Facebook Group
and connect with our local and extended group of homebrewers. We try to keep it regularly updated with news of upcoming events, topics,
and general brewing information.
Follow the St. Louis Brews on twitter.
Browse the St. Louis Brews
forum with tapatalk on your mobile device.